Application Guide Without Service Fee Guide you how to apply for studying in Lanzhou University & Study in
2017 Prospectus for Chinese Government Scholarship Programs at Lanzhou University
Lanzhou University (LZU) was founded in 1909. It is located in Lanzhou, the capital city of Gansu province at the upper stream of the Yellow River. LZU is a key university under the direct administration of the Ministry of Education (MOE) and a member of “985 Project” university. Today LZU offers 235 master programs and 116 doctoral programs. There are more than 450 international students from 52 countries all over the world studying at Lanzhou University.
I. Disciplines and Majors
International students are welcome to study for any master or doctoral program that Lanzhou University can provide. For more details please refer to/ check the “List of Master and Doctoral Degree Programs”
II. General Information on Chinese Government Scholarship
1. Scholarship students are exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fees for laboratory experiment, accommodations, and basic learning materials
2. Monthly living allowance is granted to the students from the date of registration at the following rates:
Master's Degree: RMB 3,000
Doctoral Degree: RMB3,500
3.Students will be provided with comprehensive medical insurance.
4. Lanzhou University will provide intramural accommodation for the individual scholarship student according to the relevant regulations. The university will not be responsible for any expenses entailed by any family members or visitors.
III. Details of studies
1. Full-time programs
2. All courses are taught in Chinese.
3. The duration of major studies is 3 years (not including language study). With specific cases, under the approval of the university and CSC, student can complete the program prior to or later than the duration.
IV. Qualifications for Scholarship Application
1. Applicants must be Non-Chinese Nationality and in good health. Applicants must hold valid passports and will observe all the laws of China as well as the rules and regulations of Lanzhou University.
2. Applicants for Master Degree studies must finish a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent and aged under 35.
3. Applicants for Doctoral Degree studies must finish a Master’s Degree or its equivalent and aged under 40.
V. Application Documents
1. All forms should be printed double-sided with your genuine signature at the bottom.
2. Applicants must send all the required documents by post to our mailing address(or express mail). Incomplete or invalid documents will be rejected.
3. The application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
Applicants must submit:
1. Two copies of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
Note: how to print CSC application form:
（ⅰ）Log in to http://laihua.csc.edu.cn.
（ⅱ）Register an account.
（ⅲ）Log in with your account and password ,complete the registration form( Agency code: 10730), confirm the information and save.
（ⅳ）Check details and print the form with your signature and photo.
2. Notarized version of applicant’s highest diploma and degree (one original and one copy).A copy of graduation certificate or degree certificate and English version of the certificate (each with a duplicate copy). Senior students should provide certificate which can show their expected date of graduation.
3. Notarized version of applicant’s transcripts (one original and one copy).
4. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (each with a duplicate copy , no less than 800 words).
5. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by different professors or associate professors (each with a duplicate copy).
6. Two copies of Foreigner's Physical Examination Form (downloadable from http://sice.lzu.edu.cn/or http://www.csc.edu.cn/) and blood test report. Original forms must be presented when you come to register. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner's Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
7. Three photocopies of applicant's passport information page and 3 passport-sized photos.
8. Two copies of HSK certificate or notarized version, or other documents which can prove applicant’s Chinese proficiency. Applicants who can not meet HSK requirements should study Chinese language first (scholarship will be provided).
9. Copy or copies of any award can be presented to show your personal talents or achievements.
VI. Applications Deadline
Applications should be sent before March 31, 2017.
Prospective students should follow the registration date on the admission notice of Lanzhou University.
VIII. Another Application Procedure
Applicants can apply for the Award Letter for Chinese Government Scholarship from the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in their country.
1.When eligible applicants receive this Award Letter, they can contact directly with Lanzhou University, through our examination and approval, we will grant you a letter of pre-admission.
2.Those applicants with Award Letter enter the websitelaihua.csc.edu.cn, when you register please give clear indication of the Pre-admission letter of Lanzhou University, then after the approval of Chinese Scholarship Council, applicants will win the scholarship and study in our university (If the applicants have not received the pre-admission letter by that time, they can also choose Lanzhou University, after the consultation between Chinese Scholarship Council and our university, there is still possibility of winning the scholarship).
3.The applicants need to send all the required paper documents to the Embassy of P. R. China, if they have obtained the pre-admission letter then the applicants need to send the scanned copy or fax copy of pre-admission letter to the Embassy, if possible, they can provide the contact of Lanzhou University for the convenience of the Embassy.
4.Those applicants who have provided all the required documents to the Embassy and fortunately passed the examination will win the scholarship and study in Lanzhou University.
1. Lanzhou University is the institution authorized by Chinese Scholarship Council to provide Chinese Government Scholarship Program in China. The university does not entrust any institution home or abroad with the application and admission of the program. The application of the Chinese Government Scholarship is free of charge. Please send all the application documents directly to our admission office. Admission results will be announced on the website: http://sice.lzu.edu.cn in Jun., 2017.
2. Any applicant who will successfully admitted by our Chinese Scholarship Program must register and study in Lanzhou University until graduation. Transferring to any other university in China in the middle of study is prohibited; otherwise your scholarship will be canceled.